So that everyone may better enjoy their visit to the library, we ask each patron, regardless of age, to respect the rights of others by following these rules:
- The following are not permitted inside the library:
- Eating, drinking, smoking, weapons, or sleeping
- Pets, except service animals
- Loud or boisterous talking and conversation, including the use of threatening or profane, obscene, or abusive language, including racial, ethnic, or sexual orientation epithets
- Rollerblades, skates, and skateboards
- Begging, soliciting, and selling (unless authorized by library administrators)
- Bathing and shaving in the restrooms
- Taking photographs and/or recording videos of Library staff and/or patrons without their permission.
- Shirts and shoes are required to be worn in the library.
- Bicycles must be parked on the racks outside. We advise the use of a lock. The library is not responsible for lost or stolen personal property.
- Smoking, skateboarding, skating, and rollerblading are not permitted on library property.
- Destruction of library materials and property is prohibited.
- Persons who appear to be under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs or pose a health risk to others are not permitted in the library and will be asked to leave.
- Willful damage, attempted theft, or vandalism of library materials can result in a block on the patron’s library account, banning the patron from the library and/or cause for prosecution.
- The library reserves the right to expel any person whose behavior and/or clothing is determined to be disruptive, inappropriate to the library environment, or prevents the use of the library by other users.
- Children under age 8 must be supervised by a parent or responsible companion. All children must be picked up before closing time.
- Library staff has been instructed to call the police department, if necessary, for assistance in any situation that appears to threaten the safety of a library patron or staff member.
Approved by the Board of Trustees 12/11/95; amended 1/28/20