Who may borrow library materials?
Residents of Ohio may acquire a card upon showing proof of residence and a current photo I.D. (ex: a valid driver’s license). Minors need the signature of their parent or guardian who can restrict their child’s borrowing to juvenile materials if they wish.
Maximum number of items per card:
- 10 DVDs
- 10 Music CDs
- Maximum of 50 items total.
- DVDs: 7 days
- New books, periodicals, music: 14 days
- Books, audiobooks: 28 days
- Interlibrary loan materials: Determined by loaning library
- Reference items and current periodicals may not be checked out.
Items may be automatically renewed up to three times as long as the items are not reserved for other patrons.
- Patrons can place holds on materials and renew materials online
- Patron ID number is the whole card number. The PIN is the last 4 digits of your primary phone number.
Patron responsibilities and fines:
- Patrons are required to present a library card or photo ID to check out items or use the Internet computers.
- If a patron loses his or her card, it is the responsibility of the patron to notify the library and pay a $1.00 fee for a replacement card.
- Overdue fines are 10¢ per item per day to a maximum of $2.00 per item.
- Borrowers with fines that exceed $20 will not be permitted to check out items.
- Patrons with overdue, unreturned material cannot borrow or use the Library’s Internet service until all items are returned or paid for in full.
- Lost or damaged items will be charged at the full repayment cost. No refunds will be given to lost items paid for and later found.
- The Library is not responsible for damage to any personal equipment to property (such as, but not limited to, DVD players, CD players or computer hardware) due to the use of Library materials.
- The Library has a 24-hour grace period for overdue materials. One day overdue materials must be returned before closing time
- There is a book return box located in front of the library for overnight returns. All material types may be placed in the book return.